Friday, March 13, 2009

Getting there...I think

Confession time. I haven't been coping with everything on my plate. I have spent the last 6 weeks in a state. Falling apart. But I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Instead of pushing through and covering it all up like I usually do, I reached out to my gorgeous friends and 'fessed up. I told Mr Calamity I needed help. I kicked myself up the bum and stopped bringing work home. Stopped worrying about the housework. Played with my children. And made myself a dr's appointment (that's tomorrow). Funny thing is, since I made the appointment, I have felt fine. Probably because I admitted something was wrong! I'll still go and get her to make sure there is nothing physically wrong with me. I'd love it to be something simple I can take a pill for, but I suspect it won't be that easy. I might have to, you know, look after myself and that is not my forte. And my reward for going and seeing the dr and spilling my guts is a much needed hair appointment. (I promised myself I wouldn't make a hair appt until I had seen a dr - I need external motivation!)

As part of my effort to R.E.L.A.X, I decided to have some special "girl time" with my children. Each night when they go to bed, I lay down with each of them for 10 minutes or so and we whisper secrets and swap dreams. It's soooo wonderful. Tonight I declared it "Movie Night". We went to the DVD shop, and then to the supermarket for movie snacks. We ordered a pizza, turned out the lights and got out mattresses and pillows and blankets and lay on the floor and watched Underdog (which was actually surprisingly funny!). Our own dogs got into the action and lolled about with us on the mattresses. That's the good stuff right there - just hangin' with the people (and dogs) I love.

2 comments:

MJ said...

hmmmmm i can so relate to this....
i landed here looking for cakes lol- as its just dawned on me that its DD's birthday on Saturday! So far she's had the normal round cake, a butterfly and a heart well this year she wants Rory the racing car...go figure and quite frankly I'm out of energy!)

Calamity Jane said...

Oh Rory would be hard! It's so hard to get the red just right LOL. Sure you can't convince her to have a fairy cake?