Yet another evening wasted reading other peoples' blogs for inspiration. I wish I could write like that *sigh*
Had a day of domesticity today. I'm off to Melbourne on Monday for a conference (shopping), and will be away from home a week. Thought it best to clean the house before I leave the husband in charge of the place. The girls were very obliging and played nicely for most of the day and left me to it. Hannah told me this afternoon that she will vaccuum the house while I am away. Won't happen of course, but it's the thought that counts. God I love that child!
Yesterday was just lovely. We took the girls down to Freo for lunch and had a really pleasant meal at madmonk. Beers and tapas (lemonade for the small ones!). OMG the persian fetta and dried grape tomatoes on ciabatta was divine. I am a sucker for Persian fetta...mmm....
Anyway, I digress. Being ANZAC Day, Freo was heaving with people. We encountered a street performer during our post lunch stroll. The girls' jaws dropped when they saw a pirate in the street and we stopped to enjoy the show. Next thing I know he is calling for small volunteers and there is Paige with her hand in the air! So, she is dragged out in front of 100 or so people to hold a teddy bear while he blows it up! I thought she would freak out, but she didn't. She got a mad round of applause from the audience and $10 from the performer for her efforts. Four years old and she has her first paying gig LOL. Bastard pirate told her if she put it under her pillow it would turn into a pony! Of course she tried it...this morning she came out and said "Mummy I think he was tricking me. The money's still under my pillow." Anyway, she is very impressed that she got to meet "Captain Feathersword's brother".
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Boo!
Jeez, give a girl a fright why don't ya? Must actually try and keep this blog thing going if people are going to find me!
Post a Comment