Sunday, June 22, 2008

The vegie garden follies...

Thanks to a nudge from TheCrone I thought I had best get into this blog again. And also thanks to TheCrone, and all the other wonderful self-sufficient blogs I have been reading I am resolved to get the vegie garden I have always dreamed of up and running. I've always wanted one, and always had excuses...NO MORE!

I have had a large garden bed shredded by the stumpgrinder bloke (it was full of lantana roots!). I have been madly Bokashi-ing and burying it in my new garden bed. If I could find the creature who is digging it up overnight and give it a whack with the garden spade I'd be even happier (kidding). I think it's a neighbour's cat. Either that or a very large rat. I really hope it's the cat.

I have a friend who is a part time hay grower, so have put in my order for a boot load or two next time she's in town and then it's time to start planting. I have a long list of things to try and will be stalking my favourite blogs for inspiration. Hopefully I will have some "brag" pics to post one of these days.

No comments: