Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How many people can say they love their boss?

Today, I can :)

Because he understnads what it is to be a parent of young children, although his are all grown. Because he knows what a difficult decision it was for me to return to full time work. Because he understands just how hard I work at my job, and how much passion I have for it (when not tied up with public service red-tape nonsense). Because he trusts me. Because today he agreed to allow this guilt-ridden mother to have 2 afternoons off a week to collect my small girls from school and just be a Mum. It might be the exhaustion, or the head cold I have, but I very nearly cried with joy right there in his office :)

On other news...

Mr Calamity is on holidays this week. Which of course means he has a head cold (which he kindly shared with Paige and me) and conjunctivitis (which he shared with Hannah, or perhaps it was the other way around). Still, he's managed to arrange all kinds of tradesmen to come and do fiddly jobs, get cars serviced and windows tinted, build fantastic lego cities with the girls and have dinner on the table for hard working Mummy when she gets home from work. He's even been plotting a group holiday with our friends mid-year - sans kids *gasp*.

The ILs are returning next month! They have accepted a job in Broome and will be swinging by here on their way up to their new fabulous life. Never thought I would be so excited abut someone else's job but it's Broome! As in, a 2 hour flight away, free accomodation and sunshine in the middle of our winter! I love love love love Broome and now I have excuses to go there and stay for free. Children need to see their grandparents often don't you think? And Mummies need to lie on Cable Beach in the middle of June and drink cocktails...

Tonight is Obama's Inaugaration. I can't believe I am excited about a new leader in another country, but I am. Not staying up, too tired. My new baby TiVo is taking care of that for me. He's lovely. So helpful, makes no mess and doesn't eat a thing!

PS Thanks to TheCrone for giving me a blog nudge - I needed it. Promise to update on the veg soon. I will just say that I GROW DAMN GOOD TOMATOES! Now to get some time to make a relish because we can't possibly eat any more and I have about 3 kilos of them sitting on my kitchen bench LOL. Oh, and I am being taken over by a pumpkin vine. It's seriously Day of the Triffids stuff...

No comments: