Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another sad day

I was awoken this morning by a phone call from my Mum. The father of one of my closest friends in the world died overnight. Suddenly and without any warning. My friend had to perform CPR on her own father while waiting for the ambulance but he did not survive. We do not know the cause just yet. They are in Melbourne. I wish I was there with them, Mum will go over in a few days. I haven't called, I don't know what to say. I very much doubt my friend will be up for speaking on the phone either :(. She is Daddy's Girl. Always was, always will be. I want to help, I don't know how. What can I do from here? I have sent flowers, but it's not enough. I'm debating about whether to go over too, but I fear I will just be in the way, you know?

RIP David. Man of the wry smile. Master of dry wit. Lover of good food and great booze. Lord of the Seas. Protector of Family, and Friend to many. Hope the wind is blowing wherever you are sailing Commodore.

No comments: