Bah, I hate humidity. That's why I live in Perth and not Far North Queensland. Although apparently, some time during Friday night Perth was picked up and plopped somewhere in the tropics. I don't DO 80% humidity (unless I'm on a tropical holiday, in a swim-up pool bar, sipping on a cocktail in the rain). And, just quietly, neither does my hair. Lucky it's too hot to do anything other than stick it in a kind of knot-lump type thing on top of my head.
We had a lovely little bit of rain yesterday evening. The good smelling kind of rain, with great big pregnant blobs falling out of sky. The kind you go outside and twirl around in, arms outstretched. The kind that makes the earth breathe a sigh of relief. Lovely! Sadly, it only lasted a few minutes and just like that it was gone. When we woke up this morning the oppressive humidity was back. More of the same tomorrow. Sigh.
An update on David...cause of death was determined to be a heart attack. My friend is doing OK - she and her Mum are in "work" mode organising the funeral. They are angry that he has been taken, but glad that it was sudden and he didn't suffer for too long. I'm glad for that too. Hospitals (although he built many of them during his career, and his daughter is a nurse) were just not his style.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment