Firstly I have an empty hallway and a lounge room filled with ladders and paint and...well...the contents of the hallway. Because Mr Calamity and I decided last weekend was a good weekend to paint. Ba-bum. Wrong! It was hot and sticky and just gross. So the hallway is half finished - a hodge podge of the new paint and the old paint with lime green masking tape around the edges. Noice. I've walked past it a thousand times this week knowing that on the weekend we will have to finish it. Hrmph.
Monday was my babies' first day of pre-primary - FULL TIME SCHOOL. Hard to believe. They were so excited, no tears shed and they have settled in well. (A nice little bonus I discovered on the first day is that their teacher is a Mum of twins too, so hopefully I should not have to battle the tired old "twin issues" this year). I worked from home on Monday as they are on half days this week. Missed the refrigerated air con in my office as our evaporative air con at home struggled with the humidity...and when my laptop packed it in at 4.30 I downed tools and the kids and I hit the pool :)
On Tuesday, the kids didn't have to go to school (only half the class attended on the first two days) so it was business as usual. Had a lovely "business lunch" (well sandwich) with two of my bestest girlfriends since we are all working in the city these days. All of us busy, and gulping down sandwiches so we can get back to our respective offices, but still together and laughing as we have been for the last 25 years.
Wednesday and Mr Calamity bravely volunteered to do the lunch time pick up, taking the girls back to his office after a special lunch with Daddy at the local bakery. The girls spent the afternoon running around his boardroom, watching movies and playing lego.
Thursday, back working from home again. I LOVE doing this, must do it more often. The girls and I walked to school (well I walked, they RAN), then I walked home and got SO much work done without interruptions. After the girls got home, I continued working and they played Barbies and restaurants, intermittently taking my order (big bowl of pasta, iced chocolate and giant bowl of icecream with strawberry sauce please).
That leaves us with Friday. Dropped the kids at school, raced to work and then slogged it out in front of the computer not getting terribly much achieved.
Mundane isn't it? And wonderful. And exhausting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment