Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Space to breathe...

I am officially on holidays and it is wonderful. The real holiday starts on Friday when we jet off to Broome for 9 days. The girls are so excited to see their grandparents and go to the beach every day and ride camels (I'm not quite as excited about the last part, but I'll be excited to see them excited if you know what I mean...).

Started the holiday off with Easter. Lunch at Mum's for Good Friday. As usual, too much food, too much chocolate and too many loud grandchildren (there are only four but it sounds like 20 when they're all in the same room together!). On Saturday we went up to Northam for a sleepover at my best friend's house. So great to catch up properly and the kids loved being out in the "country" and getting dirty and feeding chooks and having an Easter egg hunt amongst the hay bales and the scrub. Not to mention Mr Calamity spending the entire time in "The Shed" aka "Man's Heaven" - a complete home brewery, pool table, bar, TV for footy, driving range, BBQ and a shotgun for taking pot shots at foxes out the window. (I despise guns, but my friends actually need one to protect their livestock and I made sure I had stern words about not knocking off any bunnies at Easter).

We were supposed to have people over for dinner on Sunday. I was exhausted and all set to cancel when I came home to find a message on the machine that they were exhausted and could we make it another night (yay!)? These are new friends, and they are definitely "our people" - they think just like us!

Since then I have been pottering about, planting some veg, tidying up here and there (but nothing serious), doing a bit of shopping. The big news is - I HIRED A CLEANER! Now, this is big for me because I am a control freak and the thought of having someone else clean my house always scared me...until I realised someone else would be cleaning my house..like, like, I won't have to! Then I was straight on the phone and had it all teed up within an hour. It was like a weight had lifted.

In other news, I enrolled in a Pilates course. This is big for me too because I don't do exercise on purpose. I mean, I walk places I need to go, I do stairs instead of lifts, I do heavy gardening, I walk the dogs, but I don't go to classes, jog, or swim laps. But, apparently now I do. If I don't chicken out. I can't anyway because today I purchased tracksuit pants. The kind without bleach stains or holes and with working elastic. You know, the kind that you wear out of the house. Help me. What have I done?

No comments: