Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The carnival is over...

...well at least the holidays are over, that I know for sure!

Back to the madness, the working Mum merry-go-round. Mr Calamity is busy. Busier than I have ever seen him. I had a moment when I was taking the kids to school one day last week where I just wished I was a stay at home Mum again so I could take care of him, of all of us, better. Not in a 1950s way mind you. Its just that when you see someone you love struggling, you want to take some of that burden from them, and there are simply not enough hours in the day to do that anymore. We are just hanging out for 30 June. That's when his big project is due to finish, that's when I find out if my job is to be continues and I can renegotiate my contract. On a positive note, my health seems to be holding out this time around. And I am loving my Pilates class. Me! The non-exercising queen! Looking forward to one hour a week of looking after myself! Wonders will never cease!

Onto more fun things, I managed to extricate myself from work to get to the Mother's Day afternoon tea at school. This kids put on a great little concert, made us gifts and prepared scones with jam and cream and Anzac bikkies. They were so proud and so were we! All of the other kids told me I was SO lucky because I got TWO presents. And I agreed with them. I AM lucky and it's got NOTHING to do with presents :)

No comments: