Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Feeling territorial

About my "lunch place". So, I've worked in the same building for 12 years. I know all the good places to grab my lunch nearby and I have been going to my favourite sandwich place at least once a week for all of those years (I even popped in a couple of times when I was Mat Leave because I was hanging for one of their sandwiches!). I ran in today to grab and a quick sandwich and it was all scewiff! You see, this is a tiny shop. All we regulars know that there is a certain queuing system which must be adhered to, otherwise you all end up lining up outside the shop, bumping into each other, and not being able to eye off the cabinet to choose your lunch. When I went in today - there were new people. In my sandwich shop. And they were queuing up wrong! Argh, I couldn't cope with it. It's amazing how irritated I can get when people mess with my lunch. Luckily the owner (Rene or Renato I can never remember, sorry) saved the day by giving me a knowing smile and a secret eye roll so I knew I wasn't alone in my angst.

Lunch is important people! It's my ten minutes in between dealing with crazy people and meetings and administrative crap. Don't mess with lunch! Just sayin'...

PS The "sandwich place" is actually Posh Nosh Gourmet Cafe. If you work in St Georges Tce (Perth CBD) check it out. I'd recite the menu but that might seem a bit too obsessive. (But do try the raspberry and pistachio slice)

No comments: