Last night I had 2 of my oldest girlfriends around to my place. It was so lovely just to hang out and drink wine and have nibblies for dinner and talk and talk about little stuff, big stuff and the stuff in between. Would have been even lovelier if the other 2 members of our posse could have joined us but they had good excuses - one lives on the other side of the world and the other is in her first trimester of a much hoped for pregnancy and therefore feels like crap. I don't know where I'd be without "my girls". There's something special about lifelong friends. The ones who knew you when you were geeky and awkward and flat chested and pimply and generally stupid (not that much has changed!). They're the kind of friends who are allowed to drop in when the house is trashed and you're still in your PJs at lunch time and you don't care and neither do they. The kind you can call in the middle of the night for emergency babysitting duties, or crash on their couch when you've had a few too many. The kind of friends you would drop everything for if they needed you.
They're also the kind of friends who you stay up all night with and drink too much wine and wake up feeling like all the fluid has been sucked out of your body...
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I could have written this post! There really is something amazing about having close girlfriends - I am so thankful for mine and miss them terribly.
Do you expect to catch up with your friends soon? We're having a reunion in October - I can't wait.
Actually all of we Perth based girls are hooking up for a quick lunch on Friday :) The overseas member of our group is home for a break in a couple of months and I foresee much frivolity ;)
Post a Comment