Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chaos reigns!

Still haven't hit my stride with this working Mum stuff. My house is a tip! We were doing OK, and then it started - the dumping stuff in hallways, the "Oh I'm too tired to do the dishes, I'll do it in the morning", etc, etc. I just unpacked the shopping I did on MONDAY. Oh the horror!

The outlaws descend in 5 days time. Looking forward to seeing them (and palming the kids off on them while I prepare for Christmas hehe).

Mother Guilt hit an all time high on Monday. I had arranged to take the afternoon off to see their first ever Christmas Concert. Left 5 minutes late, hit a bit of traffic, concert started 5 minutes early and I missed the WHOLE THING! I think it was the straw in the Guilty Mum's back and it was all I could do not to sit down in the playground and bawl my eyes out. The girls cheered me up by plying me with party food and their darling teacher sent home a DVD in their school bags with them today. Thank you Lorraine, you have given my daughters a wonderful start to their school lives (even if you do scare me just a little).

Speaking of which, today was their last day of Kindy. It's so hard to believe - my BABIES will be in full time school next year. Where does the time go?

They are SO excited about Christmas. It's glorious to watch them.

Sorry for the drive by post, will try and do better.

PS I bought myself a new phone this week - with a camera! Progress :)

No comments: