This evening I heard a bedroom door slam. I assumed someone was in a huff, as that is the only time doors get slammed around here so I waited a minute before investigating to allow said huffer a moment to compose herself. Reasonable assumption I thought, since not 1 minute before the two of them were arguing about something or other. Ba-bum! Wrong assumption.
Open the bedroom door to be greeted by two little imps giggling maniacally and sitting on their hands on their beds. "What's up?" I say. "Noooothing." (in unison) "Whatya got there?" "Noooothing." "Is it a lolly?" "Nooooo" (giggle) "Is it a present for me?" Quick glance between them, grins and nods. "Oh good. Is it a Christmas present?" "Yep" "Are you going to put it under the Christmas tree?" (pause) Hannah "You can have it now. Do you want it now?" "Oh yes please!" (holds hand out)...presented with....wait for it....TWO EMPTY FREDDO WRAPPERS! Lots of falling about and laughing. Ba ha ha ha ha ha! Gotcha Mum!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment