Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Food porn...

Last night, Mum shouted me a cooking class at Mondo's in Inglewood. This is not your traditional "cooking class" - you don't actually have to COOK anything! Vince serves up a 5 course meal, complete with wine from Chalice Bridge and talks you through the recipes, providing some hints along the way.

Last night's menu consisted of:
  • Steamed Artichokes with Dipping Sauce
  • Deep Fried Artichoke Pieces
  • Veal Broth with Meatballs and Artichokes
  • Carne Crude Per Sostanza
  • Butterflied Chicken with Tarator (walnut) Sauce
  • Cauliflower with Saffron, Pine nuts and Raisins
  • Braised Red Cabbage
  • Rum Babas
Notice the artichoke theme? Vince was very excited to have some of the first artichokes of the season LOL. Everything was delicious and I learnt more about artichokes than I thought I ever could! Vince even threw in his Limincello recipe...mmm

Oh, my seeds arrived from Eden Seeds this afternoon...time to get planting.

1 comment:

The Crone at Wits End said...

I have to pm you via essentially boring to find out where you live! It sounds like you are very near me!