Monday, July 21, 2008

Test Cake Number Five

Did a test version of my old faithful White Chocolate Fudge Cake this week. I normally don't use the ganache, but decided to try it for once. It is tooth-achingly sweet! On this occasion, I thought the cake turned out a little drier than usual, no idea why. Still, the office guniea pigs thought it was A1.

Still haven't decided on the Royal Show entry. Decisions, decisions. I think I'm down to:

  • White Chocolate Fudge Cake (the beauty of this is that you can make ahead)
  • Honey Yoghurt Cake
  • Stephanie Alexander's Red Devil Cake
  • Lemon Cake

Was thrilled to have my book delivery arrive this morning. Included in this order was a book from The Whimsical Bakery. You have to check their site out, the cakes are amazing! Of course, Hannah has chosen a lurid 3 tier topsy turvy number for her birthday cake...oh dear.

2 comments:

Simone said...

You are a woman after my own heart.
That whimsical cake book is now on my wishlist!

Calamity Jane said...

hehe, it's full of recipes for sickly sweet Yank style cakes - you know the ones filled with custard and cookies and cream and stuff...mmm