Monday, August 11, 2008

Fingers crossed...

The seedlings are finally in the garden! Fingers crossed the bugs, or the weather, or my black thumbs don't kill them. I feel anxious just waiting to see if they will grow LOL. The girls had great fun "helping". Hopefully their thumbs are greener than mine! Here's what we planted yesterday:
  • passionfruit vine (Nelly Kelly)
  • potatoes
  • carrots
  • beetroot
  • spinach
  • lettuce
  • cabbages
  • sugarsnap peas
  • artichokes (globe)
Now to put some more seeds in the tray and get them started...you know, to replace these ones when they turn up their toes!

2 comments:

The Crone at Wits End said...

Woohooo! Now keep a diary so you know your successes and gulp, failures.

Waiting for pictures of subterranean veg ;)

Calamity Jane said...

Hmm, I have some failures already I think...Waaaaaah! Think I planted some of my babies out while they were too little. Biggger seedlings hanging in there...so far. Some more work to do on the weekend. Will take pics!