It goes like this:
- Woke up too early (I am NOT a morning person at the best of times)
- Daughters had more energy than should be legal pre 8am
- Still haven't heard about the job I applied for. That one's really getting me down. I thought I did well, but every day that passes without hearing anything I feel more like a loser.
- Phone kept ringing this morning (and I kept answering it hoping it was about the job). My mother called twice, the rest were salespeople.
- Decide to duck out to the shops where daughters won't seem so loud. Met with protests of "Oh but I was just about to relax." (while laying out fold out sofa and jamming Finding Nemo into DVD player). That one gave me my first giggle of the day.
- Shopping started well, but deteriorated while choosing a birthday present for the party they are going to tomorrow. Culminated with "Mummy I need to wee. NOW!" Run out of shop, closest toilet has a queue eleventy hundred people long, run to the next one. Go back to shop, buy present, go into supermarket to grab party food making supplies. Am confronted by strange man dressed like Elvis flailing his arms about (huh?)
- Daughters are now weaving around shopping centre, banging into people, randomly whining "I'm huuuuunnnnnngry" (we just ate but are walking past Donut King, you know the drill). I look like dishevelled crazed lunatic who can't control her children.
- Daughter #1 gets in a huff because I won't go into the ABC Shop and insist that she walk forwards, not backwards. By now, I JUST WANT TO GO HOME.
- No messages saying I have a new job on the answering machine.
- Send kids to play. Works well for 10 minutes. For the rest of the day they alternate between following me around, playing recorders, taunting each other until they cry and banging into furniture and wailing that they are injured.
- Try to clean up a little. No motivation. Watch The Wiggles instead. A brief moment of calm descends.
- Go to put something away, walk into the open drawer of the filing cabinet and smash my knee. The knee that's held together with pins. Swear.
- And then the evening rush starts...bath, dinner, etc, etc, bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment