Alas, it is not a suave and oh-so-cool cocktail party with fancy crudite and jazz, but a "Fairybration" at the local park for my daughters' 5th birthdays.
There will be pass the parcel of course and a fairy treasure hunt and food. And, according to the Bureau of Meterology, "a few showers". NOOOOOOOO! This is the first year I haven't had an indoor back up plan. I can't have them all back to my place. First, I am no masochist - I have no desire to have 15 five year olds in my house. The thought makes me shudder. And second, my house will look like a tornado has hit it. There will be icing and 100s and 1000s from arsehole to breakfast after I have finished assembling party foods. And it is not appropriate to get your guests blind drunk at a children's birthday party so they are not able to see the mess. Is it?
Paige has chosen a number 5 for her birthday cake (yay, thanks for the easy one darling) and Hannah a princess/fairy number with a Barbie in the middle. There will be egg/dairy free cupcakes, egg/dairy free marshmallow slice, egg/dairy free fairy bread, fruit platter, chips and cheezels, juice, water, sausage rolls. Is that it? Oh, some sausages in buns for the parents.
Pass the parcel is wrapped, loot bags done (save a few lollies I will chuck in at the last minute). Tomorrow is cupcake and slice making day. Birthday cakes are made and in the freezer, they will get iced on Saturday (or more correctly Saturday night and the wee small hours of Sunday morning). Sausage rolls are in the freezer to be cooked Sunday morning and the fruit platter and fairy bread can be done on Sunday too.
And then, when the party is over, Mummy will come home for a bottle of wine and a little lie down...
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment