Friday, September 26, 2008

Random ramblings from this week

First, I realised I have not reviewed the "Fairybration" we hosted last Sunday (tsk tsk). The weather was ominous. Cold, wet and stormy. I watched the weather bureau's radar like a hawk and at 12:45pm declared we would risk the park. The park was cold and windy, but the kids didn't care. It was wonderful! All these children who had been cooped up all morning revelled in the wild weather and a fabulous time was had my all. Never mind that it was too windy for candles on a cake, or party decorations. Beautiful wind blown fairies and fearsome pirates running around the park playing and searching for hidden treasures. Nothing like children and nature to teach you to RELAX and enjoy yourself :).

Tuesday was my beautiful daughters' birthdays. We started the day with lots of balloons and hoards of presents. Then we went to gymnastics, where they both received their first ever gym badges. As we left Paige whispered to me "Does this mean I can go to the Olympics now?". Then a quick pop in on Grandma at work, before I took my girls out for lunch. Thinking it would be best to go somewhere child friendly as the girls were a tad excited with it being their birthday, I chose Siena's of Leederville. Bad decision. Average service and the worst pasta I have ever eaten. I kid you not, I have had far better stuff out of a jar. Hell, I have made better stuff myself at midnight after I've come home from drinking a vat of beer and have the munchies. Bad lunch complete, we headed off home to play with all the new toys. A visit from a favourite cousin and a set of grandparents in the evening, then a special birthday roast chook and birthday cake and a late night topped the day off wonderfully for the birthday girls.

Thursday was judging day for my Royal Show cake. I made three cakes. All were pretty bad but by then I was so over making cakes I just chose the best of a bad lot. Dropped it off at the showgrounds on the way to work. Actually, plonked it on the stand and ran - I didn't want to wait around to hear the sniggers! The results have not been posted yet. If I actually place with that thing I will probably drop dead from the shock. Still, I have actually enjoyed the experience and may just tip my hat in the ring again next year...with a MUCH more impressive entry. One reject cake to my office, and one to my husband's - both received well, but we all know what an easy target co-workers are with cakes. All offerings are scoffed and declared delicious in the hope that you will bring more.

That's this week in a nutshell. Still haven't heard about the mystery job. I don't think I should call again and ask what's going on, although the suspense is killing me. My negativity is creeping in again at work. I was once given an award by my old boss for "iconoclasm". It's something I was actually kind of proud of, but I feel my iconoclast tendencies may be just be taking over a little too much in the office of late. Must do better.

No comments: