Friday, October 31, 2008

Dinner

All hail the Domestic Goddess. She somehow invaded my body this evening and managed to turn out the best pasta dish I have made in a long time. And not from a book - from inside my head! And as a bonus, the kids wolfed it down. Hannah even declaring "I can't get enough of this!".

It started with browning some chicken breast, which I then removed from the pan. Added some butter to the pan and threw in some fresh sage leaves until they went all crunchy and delicious. Then some lemon juice (about half a normal lemon I think - I had one as big as my head so I just chopped a bit off and squeezed it). Let that boil off a bit, turned the heat down and added some cream (yeah, it ain't a low fat recipe). Then threw the chicken back in and mixed in some lightly steamed asparagus and some orichiette pasta. A generous grind of black pepper and dinner was served. Heaven on a plate. It didn't really need the chicken, but I was pretty sure the kids were going to pick out the asparagus (correct answer - bing!) so I thought I should add something I knew they would eat. Damn I'm good.

No comments: