I love Spring! The days are getting longer and warmer, and you can almost see the plants smiling as they grow. Spring is the season for playing, lunching, and cracking open a beer as you handwater the garden (as sprinklers are verboten in drought stricken Australia).
Unfortunately it is also the season for...da da dum...spring cleaning. Most unlike me, I have an urge to scrub this place clean. Perhaps it's because it's been a long cold winter, perhaps it's because for the first time ever I am hosting the massive Christmas shin dig this year, perhaps it's because work has been particularly sucky of late, or perhaps it is because the incredible sadness I have been feeling over the loss of Troy last week and I feel a need to crawl out of this black hole and make things shiny again.
So, here's the plan. I am going to try getting through one room at a time. I'm going to start tomorrow with the laundry because (a) it's small, and (b) it's filthy. Ever looked behind your washing machine? Eeeeeew! Never fear, I am not going to blog about the minutae of cleaning my laundry. Just writing it down to increase the likelihood of me actually DOING it.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment