Well, looks like I am stuck where I am for now. New job didn't come through. Apparently it was a close call and I was the second runner. Cold comfort really. Doesn't help that when I found out my husband was away and not contactable so I had no shoulder to cry on. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
On the plus side, the in-laws arrived and didn't seem to notice the mess. I took MIL down to Mondo's Spring Markets yesterday morning. I hadn't been yet this season which is very silly of me. It's a little piece of local foodies paradise in the burbs. Delicious cakes, fresh coffee, New Norcia breads, organic veg and steak sandwiches for $5! I came home with 500g fresh strawberries, local asparagus, a beautiful organic artichoke, some french style sour dough, some delicious little semolina custard filled filo numbers, a marinated butterflied leg of lamb for tea, a "Black Krim" tomato plant and a punnet of sweet basil.
Made a roast for tea. The asparagus was divine and we finished with fresh strawberries and icecream. Attempted some deep fried artichoke for entree. I didn't trim it quite far enough, so the outside was a little tough, but the hearts were delicious. Even the kids liked it - I never saw that one coming!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment