Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Farewell my friend

Tomorrow I have to say goodbye to my childhood friend. He was 34. He took his own life last week.

I can't understand why, but I will try not to get bogged down in asking the question. I know you must have been in a very dark place my friend, because I know that you would never ever wish to hurt your family in this way. I am sorry that I did not know the pain you were in. How I wish you could have reached out to one of the very many people who love you. The world is a poorer place for you not being here. Tomorrow will be hard and I cannot say that I will be strong because I am so desperately sad that you are gone. You were such an important part of my childhood. You were a brother to me. I hope you knew that.

I don't think I can write any more right now. Perhaps later when the pain isn't quite so raw.

Goodbye Troy...

No comments: