Friday, October 31, 2008
Outwitted again!
By 5 years olds no less. I sound surprised don't I? I know, I shouldn't. Anyway, after a lovely dinner (more on that later), Paige asked if she could cut herself a piece of chocolate cake (yes, evil Katie strikes again). Being a good mother, who likes to encourage independence I enthusiastically agreed (all the while thinking in my head "this will end badly..."). So, Paige cuts herself slab of cake and delicately places it on her plate, spilling not a crumb. Being a good mother, and not wanting to dis her cake-cutting skills, I don't mention the starving children who have never had a crumb of chocolate cake pass their lips and pretend not to notice how large it is. She then says "It needs sprinkles. Where are the sprinkles?" Being a good mother, I reply "I think there is quite enough sugar in that huge piece of cake. It really doesn't need any sprinkles." So, off she trots to the table. Mean time, Hannah is cutting herself a piece of cake. A nice lady-like portion. She turns to me and tilts her head, smiling her angelic smile and holding out her plate to show me her efforts...and then says "I only cut a small piece, so it really does need some sprinkles." Survivor has nothing on Parenthood my friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment